Summer is finally upon us and we have survived the polar vortex! Besides just posting about real estate, I also want to share other ideas, such as upcoming events, great recipes I have recently tried, among other things. Today I have created a list of different events occurring in the next coming months in various communities that you might be interested in. For more information, check out your cities website for a calendar of events.
- Music in the Air – Free Friday night concerts from 7-9:30PM from May 23-August 29, 2014. Click here for the full schedule.
- Music in the Park Children’s Series – Enjoy free children’s concerts in Downtown Plymouth from 12-1PM on Wednesdays from June 18 to August 20, 2014. Check out the schedule here.
- Compuware Drive-in Movie Theater – Enjoy a great summer night at the movies at the Drive-in Theater! Shows play 7 nights a week from May 28-September 1, 2014. To see the upcoming movies, click here.
- Art in the Park – This is the 35th annual event where 400 artists from around the US fill Downtown Plymouth for Michigan’s second largest art festival. Click here for more information.
- Plymouth Farmers Market – Get some fresh producer, baked goods, flowers and more every Saturday from May 3 to October 25th from 7:30am to 12:30pm. For more information, click here.
- Northville Summer Carnival – Experience fun, food, and carnival rides on June 19, 2014 from 4-11pm. For more dates and information, click here.
- Northville Farmers Market – Buy local at the farmers market every Thursday from 8:00am to 3:00pm in May through October. Check out more information here.
- First Friday Experience – Get to know Downtown Northville where local stores and vendors spend the first Friday of every month out from 6-9pm, with free hors d’oeuvre and wine! For more information click here.
- Relay for Life – Relay for Life (Novi and Northville) is being held at Novi Middle School from 10am June 21 to 10am June 22. For more information on how you can get involved check out their website.
There are many other things to do this summer. Remember that recreational centers will hold summer classes in a variety of things, from cooking to water aerobics. Also, check to see if your library has a summer reading program for adults and kids!
Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions!