I have recently worked with many clients who have been very hesitant to buy or sell because they were overwhelmed with the process. Even homeowners who have moved a few times can be intimidated by the real estate market in general, and the buying and selling process in particular.
I wanted to take the time to write a bit about why this is the case, and how working with a real estate agent can be very beneficial and make the process of buying or selling simpler and less stressful.
First of all, making a decision to sell your home can be difficult. There are so many questions, such as:
- Is “now” a good time to list?
- How much can you expect to get for your property?
- How long will it take to sell – and what if it doesn’t?
Then there’s the buying and selling process:
- How do you prepare your home for sale?
- How do you find homes that meet your criteria and are within your price range?
- How do you prepare your home for viewings?
Yes, there’s a lot to think about. That’s why finding a good REALTOR® who is an expert on the local market is so important.